Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sea Day Relaxation

 Sea days can be relaxing or action packed. 

We typically do breakfast in the Colonnade which is buffet style in the aft of the ship. I try to restrain myself because if I don't eat this much at home, I shouldn't eat more on vacation. 

I make up for it by going to the gym which is small and never crowded. 

I brought my Game of Thrones book to read because I’ve watched all the seasons twice and now I’m trying to read the book while rewatching bits of the show. Every time I watch it, I understand a bit more. The first time, I was just gobsmacked by all the scenes and couldn't figure out who was who. Now it's all coming together.

So, off to the pool we go! It’s never crowded, and we grab a round bed, order drinks, and watch the ocean drift by with my book in hand. Awwww, perfect!


We happened into Afternoon/High Tea by accident. We went to the Observation bar for a drink and changed my mind to have tea and scones. 

Dinner was a 6-course feast with a pre-fixed menu. Thankfully, the portions were small, making it easy to enjoy every dish. The presentation was a blast, adding to the fun!






The show featured the incredible international violinist Irina Guskova. We almost skipped it, thinking it might be boring, but wow, were we wrong! She’s from Russia, I believe, with the cutest accent, and she put on an amazing show with modern music and her favorite movie songs. We loved it so much that we didn’t miss her next performance!



It's a full moon tonight and the sun goes down late. Of course the moon never looks as good in photos. 






The 6 Course Menu 


No comments:

Post a Comment