Sunday, June 2, 2024

San Diego California

 We missed Santa Barbara due to high winds and this is a tender port. I wasn't too upset because Santa Barbara is a 2 hr. drive from home. I was just going to walk around town and shop, etc. So they made it an extra sea day and off to San Diego we go. I happen to have friends who retired in San Diego and thought this would be a good time to catch up with them as San Diego can be a 3 hr drive depending on traffic. 

They have this amazing condo just blocks from the ocean and pier. So we go visit them at their condo for awhile, have  a drink and catch up. They live right by Little Italy so we head over for a great Italian lunch and over to an Ice cream shop for some amazing ice cream. You can walk to Little Italy right from where the ship docks. 

Little Italy




Off to Old Town where we had to say no to the Margs and chips because we have reservations at Crown Grill that night, and I know if I start eating in the afternoon I won't have an appetite for dinner. 

Old Town San Diego







No comments:

Post a Comment