Saturday, October 21, 2023

Cartagena Colombia

 Once we haggle with the taxi driver (Side Note- They want to upsell you tours for the day so it may be challenging to say "No, we just want the taxi ride to town"), we are on our way for the ride of our life. There are 4 of us in one small taxi for $20 ride to Old Town. I think we almost crashed, hit someone, or someone hit us every few minutes.  A lot of gasps, laughs, and just close your eyes moments. When we were at a stoplight the police will get out of the car and halt traffic just so they can get through the intersection. After our Mr. Toad wild ride to Old town, we pay our driver the $20 bucks, and my sister generously tips him $10 dollars because he told us he had 10 kids. He was so excited about his tip he said, "what time do you want me to pick you back up?" And yes he was waiting for us when we were done with our day. We were let off about a block away and strolled to the entrance of the most colorful, dizzying, sensory driven area like I just took a step back in time. 

We enter through the clock tower and get bombarded with street vendors. We were told there were many and will follow you until you buy something. As I'm trying to take in the sights, someone is talking into my ear and asking me if he can be our tour guide for the hour or two @ $5 bucks a person. What a deal. There are 6 of us because we meet my sister and brother-in-law who came in another taxi. He plays his flute to keep us together instead of holding up a tour guide number or scarf. 


Just a few photos walking through the town and the colorful sights we see. 































And my favorite Pics were these. For $2.00 you can get some fun photos. 









#Cartagena #Colombia #Old_Town

No comments:

Post a Comment